Glass Pet Portrait Pendant with Cremation Ash
How to Order
How it's Made
About the Artist
4mm Bead Hole
1/4 tsp. per item
Our glass pet portraits are truly an incredible way to remember your beloved pet. These glass pendants are approximately 2" long x 1-1/4" wide and 1" thick. The actual size will depend on the breed. They're made to slide right onto a chain or cord with a 4mm bead hole running horizontally below the ears. Display stands are available for an additional $15. Portraits are available with or without cremated ashes. Adding cremains does not change the price.
These pendants are time-consuming to create with an average flame working time of 4 hours each. Please keep in mind, we cannot duplicate your pet. We do our very best to create a likeness as close as possible to the photos you send, but we can only create what we see.
PHOTOS: We need good quality, clear photos to work from. Photos we need should be fairly close up, level, with straight-on views of your pet from the chest up. We need the front view and both left and right profile views also as level as possible (see photo example). If there are markings on the back of the head, we will need a photo showing that as well. Please be sure not to crop out ears or noses. If there is color under the jowls/muzzle, we need to see that. Photos that are in natural indirect lighting will give us the truest color possible to work from. Please understand that not every color out there is available in glass and it's a struggle to color match as close as possible. There are times we simply cannot, but will in our best judgment, make a color decision that will work suitably.
PLEASE SEND US IMAGES OF YOUR PET BEFORE PLACING YOUR ORDER
Photos can be emailed to: Chris@CremationArtGlass.com
Some breeds, for example, Great Danes, Tabby Cats, Dalmatians, or Brindles, have special markings that add a layer of complexity to creating an accurate memorial portrait. All pet portraits are between $325 - $350.
- Select your applicable item variations; color/size/quantity etc.
- Add the item to your cart and follow steps to checkout.
- You will have a chance to include a note or comment before submitting your order.
- Once your order is placed, we'll send you a confirmation email that includes instructions on how to prepare and ship your loved one's ashes or other memorial material. More detailed information can be found on our help page.
- Ship your loved one's ashes to the corresponding artists. If you're ordering items from multiple artists, you'll need to send approx. 1 tbsp. of ashes to each corresponding artist.
- Sit back and relax, knowing that your loved one is in caring hands.
- As your memorials are created, you will receive separate tracking numbers for your items as they're shipped from the artist's studio. Be sure to keep an eye out in your email for your tracking numbers.
- Leave us a review! Your feedback is important to us. You can submit a review on Google, or you can submit reviews for each of your items individually right here on our website.
Yes! The following discount codes can be applied during checkout. Discount codes are not active during sales events.
Take 5% off orders over $350 with code: Sands5
Take 10% off orders over $750 with code: Sands10
Take $15% off orders over $1500 with code: Sands15
How do I know which artists are making my order?
Each item description states which artist makes that particular item. Simply read the product description for the item you're ordering.
How much of the ashes are required?
For most orders, we only require a single tbsp. of the ashes to make between 7-10 different pieces. It's really only a very small amount per piece, especially for the rings and pendants.
Can you use more than 1 set of ashes to make a single piece?
Yes, we can use multiple sets of ashes to create individual items. There is no extra cost for this.
How do I open an Urn?
Opening an Urn depends on the design of the container. Often times there are screws or "feet" on the bottom of the Urn that come off, and a removable metal plate that allows access into the vessel. If you're unable to open the Urn yourself (physically or emotionally), we suggest inquiring with your local Funeral Home to assist you in retrieving a bit of the cremains.
How do you get the color inside with the ashes?
First, we mix the ashes with tiny granules of colored glass (your choice of color). Then we encase the mixture in a heavy layer of clear glass using a scientific glass making technique called 'Imploding'. The ashes generally appear as a white bubbly frost that flows throughout the artwork. Due to the glass making process, exact shape, size, and color cannot be guaranteed.
Do you ship internationally?
Yes! When shipping our memorials internationally, the cost is generally between $15-$35 USD depending on weight and destination. When placing your order, please select the international shipping option. We will contact you for your international shipping payment via email after your order has been created by our artist.
How long does it take to complete an order?
All orders are made in the order in which they are received. When ordering from multiple artists, your packages will arrive individually from each artist. Please try to order your Christmas gifts as early as possible to ensure they arrive on time for the holiday. Christmas orders cannot be rushed. Custom artwork may require an extended waiting period. You can find a list of our artists current timelines on our Help Page. Completion times are estimated and cannot be guaranteed. Rush orders may be determined on a case-by-case basis.
What will happen to the unused portion of the ashes?
If you would like the unused portion of the ashes returned, please let us know in the comments section of your order. The US Post Office requires cremated ashes be sent Priority Express Mail. Click here to purchase a return ashes shipping credit.
If you're working with artist Chris Santora, your ashes will be safely stored at his studio for future orders. For all other artists, they are instructed to hold onto the ashes for up to 3 months before scattering them locally, unless otherwise instructed from the buyer. We're committed to handling your loved one's ashes with the utmost care and respect throughout the entire process.
How do I properly mail cremated remains via USPS?
Cremated remains are permitted to be mailed when the following conditions are met.
- The package is sent via Priority Mail Express.
- The identity of the contents (“cremated remains”) should be marked on the address side of the parcel.
- Ashes should be mailed in doubled (2) zip-lock bags. This ensures that the remains won’t escape from their containers and cause damage, discomfort, destruction, or soiling.
- Please clearly write YOUR FULL name (not the name of the deceased) and telephone number in permanent marker on the actual zip-lock bag so our staff can easily identify your package.
- Optional: A photograph and letter about your loved one! We would love to know about their life, personality, character etc. Whatever you feel like sharing, we want to hear about it 💙
Memorial Shark with Cremation Ash
Memorial Hummingbird with Cremation Ash
Memorial Cardinal with Cremation Ash
Paw Print Cremation Pendant in Sterling Silver
Cremation Ring With Paw Print